St.A.R.T. UPtoEU (Storytelling Ancient Roman Traces up to Europe ) is a Strategic Partnership of schools (Italy, Germany, Spain, Czech Republic), local authorities (Reggia di Caserta), cultural association (Bimed) and a telematic university (UniPegaso) following the main lines of the Education Modernisation Agenda. The project will offer high quality, innovative tools and courses, international mobility and cross-border cooperation in order to enhance the skill of building new curricula in school education especially in the fields of cultural management and shared cultural heritage.
The whole project opens various possibilities to work with and to think about.
The project aims to:
– support synergies with training, research and innovation activities, promoting new technologies;
– develop innovation to enhance cultural heritage in the digital area following European priorities;
– promote a multilingual and intercultural approach to history and art with an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset;
– recover the common identity of partner countries, once Roman provinces and now European members to achieve the awareness of European citizenship;
– strengthen cultural, social and civic skills to involve students to foster employability, socio-educational and professional development to promote social inclusion;
– promote the acquisition of skills and competences improving linguistic/ communicative abilities.
The context spreads over various fields (archaeology, history, ICT, Cultural Heritage, Education), connected to one another by the principal priorities of innovation and internationalization.
Most partners have previous experience of participation in an Erasmus+ programme and/or active in eTwinning projects.
The schools are all situated in countries once Roman Provinces interested in working on a project about the promotion of their Cultural Heritage.
The choice of the other organisations and local authorities is meant to develop the best horizontal and vertical cooperation between schools and University, Cultural associations and the labour market.
We think to gain the achievement of our objectives through training courses, workshops, short-term learning mobilities for students, etwinning projects, storytelling, introduction to History and Archaeology, improvement of foreign languages and ICT.
All of these activities will always be pursued keeping a special eye on innovative and inclusive educational strategies such as: cooperative and peer to peer learning, the use of new technologies, learning by doing.
The project not only provides for the achievement of outcomes but also the realization of tangible outputs, which will be:
– a cultural heritage storytelling platform (database, maps, digital interactive guide online and on app (O1));
– structure and implementation of a learning digital platform (O2;
– structure cultural heritage 3D printed gadgets (O3);
– Cultural Heritage Digital and Multilingual Glossary (O4)
– linguistic & ITC certifications;
– intellectual output (objects learning, videoconferences, courses online, network, articles, etc.).
The products (guides, thematic maps, totems, platforms) may be implemented and also used after the end of the funding period not only by individual organizations, but also in a much wider community.
The storytelling platform and its transferability to other contexts such as the world of the experts (cultural heritage) and the cultural- touristic industry will implement an economic development process about the territory.
The main impact of the outcomes is to enhance opportunities of educational, social and cultural growth, strengthening the cultural and civic awareness in the local communities.
Actually we intend to disseminate the project through meetings, conferences, events, online platforms, social network and website.
A constant supervising and monitoring action will assure that funds will be properly used through Transnational meetings.
The main sustainability factors connected to the project are joined to territorial actions fields, time span and participant groups, all representative factors of the different stakeholders in schools and in the local community.
Another possible element of transferability and sustainability is also working with high-quality organizations, active in Education and in the enhancement and protection of cultural heritage, through the Digital culture and in innovation; the cooperation tested in the partnership will continue on the same issues even after the end of the project.
1. LSS “G. Siani” –Italy (coordinator)
2. EuropaschuleLangerweheGesamtschule – Germania
3. IES Jaume II el Just-Spagna
4. Gymnázium, Praha 4 –Czech Republic
5. Reggia di Caserta – Italy
6. UniPegaso – Italy
7. BIMED – Italy
– Soprintendenza Archeologia, Belle Arti e Paesaggio per le Province di Caserta e Benevento – Italy – et al.